Dr. Datinderjeet Singh Tulla
M.B.B.S, M.S, M.Ch(Cal)
Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon
Dr DJS Tulla is a dynamic plastic , cosmetic and hair transplant surgeon, who has been trained in the illustrious Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) (Cal). He has been a meritorious student throughout his medical career and was awarded the "Scroll of honor" for his academic achievements by His Excellency Shri Gopal Krishan Gandhi, the Governor of West Bengal.
He has special expertise in "non-invasive, minimally invasive and microsurgical procedures" which is the next generation of cosmetic surgery. His areas of Special Interests include Body Contouring and 3 Dimensional Body Sculpting, Facial Aesthetic Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery of the Breast. He is expert in Hair Transplant Surgery and performs Micro-follicular Bio-stimulated FUE and FUT which is Generation Next of Hair Restorative Surgery in which Hair Follicular Refining is done under 20 X Microscopes. He is among the very few cosmetic surgeons who do rejuvenation procedures of the male and female sex organs.
Dr Tulla is very passionate about non-invasive procedures like chemo-exfoliation, laser skin resurfacing, skin firming procedures and mesotherapy lipolysis. Over the years he has devised his own innovative techniques in several surgical procedures which have won him accolades. He has presented his work in various conferences and workshops for which he has received critical acclaim.
He is credited with introducing Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy for skin and Hair Rejuvenation for the first time in India. He has also been involved as a member plastic surgeon for separation of Conjoint twins a rare medical feat accomplished by few in their entire career. He is a member of various Aesthetic associations like Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, Indian Association Of Aesthetic Surgeons, Cosmetic Society of India to name a few.
Dr. Tulla feels privileged to have a profession that combines his interest in medicine and art. He is dedicated to seeking the best outcome for each patient. Careful attention to detail during surgery allows for naturally appearing results thereby avoiding the overdone operated look.
Presently Dr Tulla is Head of Department, Department of Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery at Primus Hospital, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
Cases and Paper Presentations :
- Review of 30 cases of esophagectomies performed in GMC, Jammu, “presentation in Mid term CME”, 2004 Organised at GMC, Jammu
- Series of 50 cases of hand injuries and their treatment, presented in APSWBC, 2008 in IPGMER and SSKM hospital, Kolkata.
- Series of 10 cases of augmentation Rhinoplasties, presented in APSWBC, 2009 in IPGMER and SSKM hospital, Kolkata
- Revascularisation of the right arm in a case of RTA presented in Dr BL Kapur Memorial Hospital, New Delhi in April 2010.
- Bullet Injury Face- Reconstruction,presented in Dr BL Kapur Memorial Hospital, New Delhi in July,2010.
- Panfacial Fracture reconstruction- presented in Dr BL Kapur Memorial Hospital, New Delhi in Nov,2010
- Bat Ear Deformity Correction- a case report presented in Dr BL Kapur Memorial Hospital, New Delhi in Jan 2011.
- Revascularisation of the rt hand at the wrist level in a case of RTA presented in Dr BL Kapur Memorial Hospital, New Delhi in July 2011.
- Brazilian Butt- a novel approach using fat & PRP conducted in Dr BL Kapur Memorial Hospital, New Delhi in April 2013.
- Vaginoplasty- how to do the procedure conducted in Dr BL Kapur Memorial Hospital, New Delhi in August 2013.
- Reconstruction of complex knee defects following resection of knee tumors conducted in Dr BL Kapur Memorial Hospital, New Delhi in Dec 2013.
- PRP Therapy for facial and hair rejuvenation presented in Medanta- Medicity Hospital, Gurgaon in July 2013.
- Facial Sculpting with Fat presented in Association of Plastic Surgeons of India Delhi Chapter conducted in Indian Habitat Centre , New Delhi. In July 2014
- Advances in Hair Transplant conducted in Dr BL Kapur Memorial Hospital, New Delhi in Feb 2015.
- Ethiskills Course. Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education. 2002. New Delhi
- Basic Course In Laproscopy, Ethicon Institute of surgical Education. 2002. New Delhi Mid term CME of general surgery. 2004. GMC, Jammu
- All India Conference of Dermatology and Dermatosurgery. 2007. IPGMER and SSKM Hospital, Kolkata.
- All India Conference of Dermatology and Dermatosurgery. 2008. IPGMER and SSKM Hospital, Kolkata.
- Workshop on applications of Botox Therapy. IPGMER and SSKM Hospitals, Kolkata
- Workshop on applications of Filler Therapy. IPGMER and SSKM Hospitals, Kolkata
- Workshop on Microsurgery. IPGMER and SSKM Hospitals, Kolkata
- Workshop on Cleft Lip and palate Surgery. IPGMER and SSKM Hospitals, Kolkata
- APSICON 2009
- APSICON 2010
- COSDERM 2011.
- ISAAPS 2014
- Workshop on Body Contouring Surgery, Sir Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi 2014.
- Workshop on Venous Endovascular Laser Ablative Surgery, Medanta – the Medicity, New Delhi 2014.
- IAAPS 2014
- Workshop on Rhinoplasty, Sir Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi 2015
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon in BL Kapur Memorial Hospital, Pusa Road, New Delhi.
- Senior Resident, Plastic Surgeon in IPGMER & SSKM Hospital
- Senior Resident, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Fortis Hospital, Mohali
- Resident, General Surgery. GMC, Jammu
- House Surgeon, Department of General Surgery, RMCH, Ranchi
- Rotatory Internship, RMCH, Ranchi
- Surgical Experience in the area of: Cosmetic surgeries, Craniofacial Clefts, Burns & Reconstruction, Maxillofacial Trauma, Hand Surgeries and Micro Vascular Surgeries
- Member of Indian Association of Plastic Surgery.
- Member of Cosmetic Society of India
- Member Indian Association of Aesthetic Surgeons
Lots of coverage and appreciation was given to his challenging reconstructive cases (complex maxillofacial fractures, bullet injuries of face, separation of conjoint twins etc.) and especially his pioneering and path breaking work in aesthetic medicine (Introduced PRP for facial & hair rejuvenation first time in India (Dracula/ S3 therapy)) . Print media coverage of complex cases included leading Indian dailies like Hindustan Times, Times of India, Indian Express, Tribune, The Hindu, Navbharat Times etc. Electronic media coverage included Zee News, Aaj Tak, India TV, News 24 etc.